This is the documentation for ROCK Pi 4, written by Radxa Team with community contributions.
ROCK Pi 4 is a Rockchip RK3399 based SBC(Single Board Computer) by Radxa. It can run android or some Linux distributions. ROCK Pi 4 features a six core ARM processor, 64bit dual channel 3200Mb/s LPDDR4, up to 4K@60 HDMI, MIPI DSI, MIPI CSI, 3.5mm jack with mic, 802.11 ac WIFI, Bluetooth 5.0, USB Port, GbE LAN, 40-pin color expansion header, RTC. Also, ROCK Pi 4 supports USB PD and QC powering.
ROCK Pi 4 comes in two models, Model A and Model B, each model has 1GB, 2GB or 4GB ram options.
ROCK Pi features an ARM-based RK3399 SoC and is equipped with six cores to enhance multithread applicationperformance
ROCK Pi comes with multiple storage options and providing superior read and write performance on external storage drives, allowing quicker read and write speeds. This improves workflow, copying, backups and overall fle usage.
- What’s the difference between Model A and Model B?
The model B has PoE header, 802.11ac wifi, bt 5.0 while the model A doesn’t have. The form factor is compatible.
|Mini PCIE||physical not compatible|
|M.2 B Key||physical not compatible|
|M.2 M Key||Most of M Key SSD on the market are NVMe protocol(PCIe x4 lanes), supported, few PCIe AHCI SSD is also supported. SATA protocol(nearly none) is not supported.|
|M.2 B&M Key||Some of B&M Key SSD are NVMe protocol(PCIe x2 lanes), supported. Some B&M Key SSD are SATA protocol, not supported.|
– Known working –
- Samsung EVO series(M key, NVMe), work well on ROCK Pi 4, fast speed
- KingSpec NVMe M.2 2280(M key, NVMe), works well
- MaxMemory NVMe M.2 128G(B&M key, NVMe), works well
- Western Digital WD Black 500GB M.2 2280 (model WDS500G2X0C, NVMe), works well on Debian Stretch
- Western Digital WD Blue WDS500G1B0C
- Sabrent Rocket NVMe PCIe M.2 2280 ssd 256GB, works perfectly in Ubuntu 18.04.2 server
- Intel 660P SSD
- Kingston KC1000 NVMe
- Integral 120GB M.2 2280 PCIE NVME INSSD120GM280N
– Known to have issues –
- Asgard 256GB (M key, NVMe) – Formatting fails with some FSs, performance degrades quickly, Formatting via USB and using on NVMe seems to work but reliability is questionable.
– Known not working –
- HP EX900(B&M Key, NVMe), detection failed on ROCK Pi 4, works with PC.
- WD Green M.2 2280 SSD 250GB, detected for formatting on usb3 but unable to read/write to SSD with MKFS.